Strip the new antenna cable to prepare for soldering, I used an electrician scissors stripping tool. It worked pretty good, but the cable is tiny!
Here is the final solder job, not pretty..but hey..it works. I tested the solder job with an ohm-meter, by placing the leads between solder points and making sure they were not conducting, then placing them on the other ends of the pigtails making sure I had conductivity.
Solder the other 2.4Ghz cable the same way.
Disconnect the 5Ghz (black) cables from the board, and replace them with the new cables that lead to you new pigtails and antennas. As you can see, I drilled holes in the top of the router to house the other set of antennas.
Crank it up and let ‘er rip. I replaced the dlink with this Linksys and tested my signal strength. Even though I do not have qualitative data on the increased signal strenghth, I can tell you I get excellent signal strength anywhere in the house, and even into the neighborhood. I am very happy with the end product!
I really hope this helps you out on your quest to get a better WiFi signal!